Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

HI

I cannot find any info as to if I can add a 2nd SSD to OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck0000 (3V6M3AV).  Does anyone know? Has anyone tried?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1 of the maintenance and service guide on your notebook's support page indicate that 2 NVMe SSD's are supported.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Chapter 5, page 33 shows the location of where the 2 NVMe SSDs are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1 of the maintenance and service guide on your notebook's support page indicate that 2 NVMe SSD's are supported.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Chapter 5, page 33 shows the location of where the 2 NVMe SSDs are.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul. I would never have looked in the maintenance and service guide

Hart

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Hart.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

In regards to the two SSDs in an OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck0000 (3V6M3AV), the manual only references 1TB SSDs.   Does that mean a 2TB SSD is not supported?  What I was thinking of doing is putting the existing 1 TB, PCIe-4 × 4 into slot 2, (since PCIe-4 is backwards compatible) and buy a new 2TB PCIe-4 for slot 1.  Do you know if this will work?

Thanks

Hart

HP Recommended

Hi, Hart:

Normally the drive capacities shown in the service manual are just what HP offered in the model series, not the maximum capacity supported.

So, I believe that a 2 TB NVMe SSD should work fine.

If you look at the Crucial memory/SSD report for your notebook's model series, it shows that they offer NVMe SSD's up to 4 TB.

HP - Compaq HP OMEN 17-ck0000 | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.