Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NilanshuArya
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Can I add nvme m.2 ssd to my laptop ? Please check this one https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07YFF8879/ref

HP Recommended
Hp 15 BS670TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I add nvme m.2 ssd here . In HP Bs670 tx. Pls see the open view image attached for reference.

IMG_20210106_121023.jpg

IMG_20210106_121006.jpg

IMG_20210106_120518.jpg

   

6 REPLIES 6
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
127,753 117,931 19,180 29,321
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can add a M.2 SATA SSD to your notebook, not a NVMe one.

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types.  Only SATA M.2 SSD's are supported, not NVMe.

HP 15 Laptop PC (Intel)HP 15g Laptop PCHP 15q Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

0 Kudos
NilanshuArya
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for answering buddy. But really disappointed with my laptop 🥺 ! I really wanted an nvme m.2 support

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, it is disappointing but you would have been more disappointed if you bought a NVMe SSD without coming here first. 😊

Also, bear in mind that NVMe M.2 SSD's run much hotter than SATA ones because of their much faster read/write speeds.

That could cause issues too.  If the drive goes over 70 C, most of them have a built in throttling mechanism that slows down the drive to cool it off.

In other words, your notebook has to be designed to handle that excess heat.

I recently bought a Crucial P5 M.2 SSD for my Dell desktop PC.   All I was thinking about was the speed.

When I checked the drive temps, I couldn't believe my eyes.  I had to buy a heat sink to add to the SSD to keep it running cooler.

In most cases you wouldn't be able to add a heat sink to a SSD in a notebook because of the lack of space.

A SATA M.2 SSD will still be very fast.

0 Kudos
NilanshuArya
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No bro , i haven't purchased it of yet . But I am wanting an ssd only for reducing the booting time which is greater than 1.30 mins on 1tb HDD and to load the apps faster .  What's the difference between app loading and booting time between an m.2 nvme ssd and m.2 sata ssd ? I will go for the 250 gb variant. Can u please add the exact time experience fot the above puposes on both the ssds ?

Note - i don't want to use an ssd for storage purposes.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no point in discussing the difference between a NVMe drive and a SSD drive's boot times for your PC.

If you were to install a NVMe SSD in your notebook, it wouldn't boot up, or the NVMe drive wouldn't be recognized in the BIOS.

What I can tell you is that a SATA SSD should decrease your notebook's boot time from 1:30 to around 25 - 30 seconds at the most.

I like the NVMe SSD I have, but I have to admit that it is not leaps and bounds faster than a SATA SSD as far as boot times are concerned. 

The NVMe may have shaved a few seconds off the boot time from the 2.5" SATA SSD I had in my Dell PC previously.

This SATA M.2 drive provides the best performance for the price in the USA, in my opinion, but in India it is a little more expensive.

$45 in the US

Amazon.com: Western Digital 250GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, M.2 2280, Up to...WDS250G2B0B: Computers & Accessories

3,474 rupees (47.50 USD).

Amazon.in: Buy WD Blue 250GB M.2 Internal Solid State Drive (WDS250G2B0B) Online at Low Prices in In...

0 Kudos
NilanshuArya
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

T

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation