Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 13-ad1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have a HP ENVY Laptop - 13-ad1xx with a 256Gb SSD , I am in need of pore space and the price of SSD has come down in the years since purchasing the Laptop.

Can I upgrade this LapTop Envy 13-ad1xx to a 2TB M.2 2242 NVMe SSD ?

Is there an migration process, to make bootable transfer of all dat an apps form the 256Gb to the New 2TB... ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@krash1 

What is your Envy 13-ad1xx  ? For example

HP ENVY - 13-ad173cl

Your machine probably is very similar to above machine (no Optane). I will use above machine to answer your questions

A1. Yes, yo can upgrade to 2TB of 2280 single sided M.2 NVMe SSD. 2242 is too short

A2. Yes, the quickest and safest way is to clone old SSD to new SSD. The following process would help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egNMtC3vwN0

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@krash1 

What is your Envy 13-ad1xx  ? For example

HP ENVY - 13-ad173cl

Your machine probably is very similar to above machine (no Optane). I will use above machine to answer your questions

A1. Yes, yo can upgrade to 2TB of 2280 single sided M.2 NVMe SSD. 2242 is too short

A2. Yes, the quickest and safest way is to clone old SSD to new SSD. The following process would help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egNMtC3vwN0

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This version of Envy is sleek and has no labels on it.. I ourchased new thru the HP web-site a couple years ago but do not have the paperwork..  How would I get the complete product name ?

This is the information I get, when I enter  Fn + Esc
Product name: HP ENVY Laptop 13-ad1xx
Product ID number: 1WC15AV
Serial number: [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

@krash1 

It is a CTO machine: HP ENVY - 13T-AD100 CTO. Normally we do not have REAL specs for it but my previous reply is valid for your machine,

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.