Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
[Personal Information Removed]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I get a new processor or upgrade my old one like this one? https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B07MRCGQQ4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2KKU8J8O8784X&psc=1

And also can I get a graphics card since there's none in my computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Chapter 3, page 20 & 21 has the list of supported motherboards.

Notice that they come with different processors and graphics adapters.

Models with the Intel core processors use DDR4 memory and you can install 2 x 8 GB of memory in those motherboards.

You may also have to buy a different heatsink that matches the specs of the motherboard's processor and graphics.

Your problem will be finding the availability of these motherboards, and as I posted earlier, they are going to be very expensive,

If you have to put more than $200 into trying to upgrade your notebook's motherboard, you may as well buy a new PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor and graphics adapter are integral parts of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded unless you replace the motherboard with one listed in your notebook's service manual (chapter 3) that has a better processor and graphics.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

The costs attendant to such an upgrade would approach what you originally paid for the notebook.

HP Recommended

I didn't understand

HP Recommended

What don't you understand?

You cannot install a different processor in your notebook.

HP Recommended

So the link you sent me are the motherboards compatible with my laptop right? And also with them can I buy a ddr4 8g ram?

HP Recommended

Chapter 3, page 20 & 21 has the list of supported motherboards.

Notice that they come with different processors and graphics adapters.

Models with the Intel core processors use DDR4 memory and you can install 2 x 8 GB of memory in those motherboards.

You may also have to buy a different heatsink that matches the specs of the motherboard's processor and graphics.

Your problem will be finding the availability of these motherboards, and as I posted earlier, they are going to be very expensive,

If you have to put more than $200 into trying to upgrade your notebook's motherboard, you may as well buy a new PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.