Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I want to install an SSD from Western Digital, can I install it in my Laptop? If yes, do I need to replace the existing HDD, or I can install in another port?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@EpariNigam Yes, you can as per the screenshot and the link from your service and maintenance guide, although if its storage increase you are after, I suggest getting an external storage caddy and using it along with your device, as the SSD supported or tested on your device is as low as 8GB and anything above that may or may not work, although, if you wish to remove the optical drive, you can replace that space with an SSD or another HDD.

I hope that helps.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EpariNigam Welcome to HP Community! You can either use the mSATA SSD as per the below information or replace your existing HDD with the SSD,

(As an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well, However, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed below are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I do have another questions, if you can give answer. I just want to know, can I install 2 drives into my laptop one SSD and another HDD?

HP Recommended

@EpariNigam Yes, you can as per the screenshot and the link from your service and maintenance guide, although if its storage increase you are after, I suggest getting an external storage caddy and using it along with your device, as the SSD supported or tested on your device is as low as 8GB and anything above that may or may not work, although, if you wish to remove the optical drive, you can replace that space with an SSD or another HDD.

I hope that helps.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.