cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can I install as 2nd drive an SSD NVME PCI-E on my HP Elitebook 840 G1 ?

HP Recommended
Example: Pa Elitebook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On my Elitebook 840 G1 I see inside a free PCI-E slot and I buyed an internal SSD (Samsung model MZ-ALQ1280) of 128Gb to move the OS. I don't see the SSD and I don't know If i did some mistakes

Thank for your help

RM

1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
88,507 88,392 11,294 24,255
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rosfromitaly 

The series has M.2 slot for flash cache. You can also use it for an M.2 SATA drive after disable Intel SRT (Smart Response Technology). Your machine may not have 32GB flash cache therefore you and use it for an M.2 SATA SSD.

You bought a Samsung model MZ-ALQ1280 SSD which is an M.2 NVMe SSD, this won't work in the first place.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation