Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 14m-cd0001dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I'll buy the HP pavilion x360 14m-cd0001dx.
It is installed with 1tb hdd and I'm going to change to ssd.
This model can be installed to NVME m.2 2280 ssd?
If not, which one can be installed?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @kkj441, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you would like to know if you can install M.2 SSD on your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

By not wasting much of your time here.

I have checked the specifications of your laptop and found there is one Internal card expansion M.2 slot. 

Internal card expansion

One M.2 slot for SSD 
One M.2 slot for WLAN

Please find the part number for M.2 SDD listed below.

512-GB, PCIe, NVMe L18198-001

256-GB, 2280, PCIe, NVMe L18196-001

Refer the laptop user guide to know more information. Click Here

Note: Refer page 20 for more information.

Also, you can purchase the parts from HP parts store using this link. Click Here

Hope to this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @kkj441, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you would like to know if you can install M.2 SSD on your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

By not wasting much of your time here.

I have checked the specifications of your laptop and found there is one Internal card expansion M.2 slot. 

Internal card expansion

One M.2 slot for SSD 
One M.2 slot for WLAN

Please find the part number for M.2 SDD listed below.

512-GB, PCIe, NVMe L18198-001

256-GB, 2280, PCIe, NVMe L18196-001

Refer the laptop user guide to know more information. Click Here

Note: Refer page 20 for more information.

Also, you can purchase the parts from HP parts store using this link. Click Here

Hope to this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank u very much!
HP Recommended

Hi @kkj441! You're welcome and thanks for your prompt response.

I am happy I was able to answer your query today.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Post above reported, but until it is removed....

Don't call the phone number listed above (ending in 222), it is surely a scam. A quick google of the number shows it being represented as tech support for different companies, and associated with scammers.

All opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.
No responsibility accepted for any action you take or refrain from taking as a result of viewing them.
HP Recommended

Hello.. now i know that theres an available slot in my hp pavilion x360 14m-cd0001dx for ssd m.2. I just wanna ask one more thing if i can use my existing 500 hdd and ssd m.2 at the same time.

HP Recommended

I have the same number pavilion x360  cd0001dx but I do not see an m2 connector.  Can you describe where it is located?  All I see is the SATA connector.

HP Recommended

Will an  500gb pcie nvme with only an  M slot on it's connector fit in this laptop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.