Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Can I replace the CPU in my HP Laptop?

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know if the CPU in my HP Pavillion Notebook is upgradeable. Im thinking about upgrading to the i3-9100f if possible.

Serial: [Personal Information Removed]

Product Number: 2PR75EA#ABU

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
118,709 108,889 17,303 26,461
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded without replacing the motherboard with one lised in your notebook's service manual that may come with a better processor.

It would cost a lot of money to do that if you could even find the motherboard part.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is this certain or should I check with a Technician? It's just because my CPU is being bottlenecked by a lot and I don't know why you would pair a GTX 1050 with a 2 core processor?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
118,709 108,889 17,303 26,461
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am 100% sure you cannot upgrade the processor without replacing the motherboard.

If you want to pay a technician to inform you of the same thing I have just informed you for free, please be my guest.

I don't work for or represent HP, but my guess is that they configure PC's in different ways to match people's budgets.

If you want a PC with an i7 quad core processor with a NVMe SSD, 32 GB of memory and the best GPU out there, that would cost a lot of cash.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation