Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook 860 G6

Hi, I have 2.5 years manufacturer standard warranty on my laptop which will arrive Monday. can I replace the non-removeable battery located inside the case with a genuine HP Replacement supplied by myself without voiding the manufacturer standard warranty for the rest of the components of the HP laptop?

Thank you. Happy holidays!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@hm3128791 

We cannot speak for Warranty details.

That said, the internal battery is a replaceable part.

Maintenance and Service Guide

Page 45

Opinion

As long as nothing goes wrong - that is, you don't break anything or claim Warranty due to anything having to do with the battery and / or the replacement process, it is likely the rest of the Warranty will remain valid.

I suggest you confirm any Warranty questions with HP Support.

Many roads lead to HP Support.

In Windows

Settings > System > About > (Support) Online support > Contact an HP Agent

OR

(here at the Community)

Open homepage for  HP Community

At the top of the web page, hover mouse over Support

Beneath Support Resources > Contact Us

OR

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Product Registration

Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards

Register HP Product and Registration FAQ

Have a Care Pack Warranty that needs to be Registered?

HP Care Pack Registration Page

Warranty Check

Check the Warranty on your product

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

NOTE:  Warranty date is updated after purchase and registration of the device.

If the device is not registered, or if there are other issues, submit a Warranty Dispute form.

NOTE 2:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)

Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document.  Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals >> User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP EliteBook 830 G6 Notebook PC 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you. I need a decisive statement from HP Support themselves though in this case incase I don't end up voiding the warranty, yes the battery is replaceable but it seems to be under the Authorized repair section. Ill open up a chat with them on Monday.

HP Recommended

@hm3128791 

You are welcome.

True enough - that's why we advise checking with Support - anything we say is not binding.

Most people want the opposite:  Have HP replace battery for free after warranty is expired.  Smiling.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

thanks, yeah after having used laptops fail on me the moment they arrived from Sellers I went with a HP one with limited warranty, but the warranty has some caveats being that the battery itself has a year from the purchase date, not extending to the full 3 years manufacturer warranty, so I was wondering if I was able to replace it while the 'battery warranty' was expired but the standard warranty remains, just to cover all bases. Had some bad experiences with used laptops recently so this is my first new one to be honest 🙂 but yeah I'd have to check it on Monday

Like, if I'm not able to replace the battery which has warranty expired and has blown up but the laptop itself is fine and has warranty on it, i'm in a catch 22 situation where I believe I can't replace the battery without voiding the warranty totally, but I'd have to comfirm on Monday.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.