Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to return my laptop to repair it because it was shutting down when I unplugged it. So I asked to receive a box to send the laptop back on February 21. The box came to me 3 days later. I wasn't sure if I should send it back because of the pandemic and the issues with shipping. Right now, my warranty is over, but the support person told me I had 30 days to send the box back. Can I still send my laptop back? And how long will it approximately take to repair it? I'm pretty sure the problem is the battery, so I think it will be pretty quick, but not sure.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DenoGrad 

Unfortunately, no.  When the warranty is expired, HP will no longer accept the laptop for repairs.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

So even if I have 30 days to send the box back, my warranty has to be active so that my laptop gets repaired?

HP Recommended

@DenoGrad 

Boxes, if you mean shipping boxes, are not warrantied.  They most likely told you 30 days to return it to give you time to send it back -- in case they were going to charge you for the box.  I'm not saying they WILL do that; I'm just guessing as to why they told you 30 days to return it.  That is unrelated to sending in the laptop for service.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.