Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 240 g5 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have hp 240 g5 notebook pc which has 4gb RAM.

So I want to know how it can be upgraded to 8gb RAM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have a single memory slot and it is using DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM. You can replace the 4 gb module with an 8 gb module:

This would work and is being offered at a pretty good price:

https://www.amazon.in/Kingston-PC3L-1600MHz-Laptop-KVR16LS118/dp/B00CQ35HBQ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keyw...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Yes. But the 240 G5 comes with several different processor options and what kind of memory it needs depends on the processor. But even the lowest end machine can accept a single 8 gb module. 

Service Manual 

Post back if you need more help or please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Please help me. what to do to upgrade RAM from 4gb to 8gb?

please tell me the steps to do so.

HP Recommended

That is why I linked you to the Service Manual. Tell us first what processor you have as it makes a difference in what kind of memory you need to buy and how many slots are in there. 

HP Recommended

My laptop is of intel pentium processor.

And I don't know how much slot is present inside that.

HP Recommended

If its a 6th gen platform Pentium it has one slot and if its 7th it has two. In either case it is DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM. 

Video might be better for you than a Manual:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqqjljkU8M8

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

How to know it is a 6th gen or 7th gen pentium platform?

HP Recommended

Find this PC in file explorer and right click...properties. What is the exact kind of processor listed under system?

HP Recommended

The system processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU A1020 @2.41GHz.

HP Recommended

IMG_20200804_095103.jpg

IMG_20200804_094924.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.