Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP NOTEBOOK 14-BP100NJ / 2PN06EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Can I upgrade RAM and/or SSD in the HP NOTEBOOK 14-BP100NJ / 2PN06EA?

If so, what are the limits on said upgrades (DDR type and frequency, max capacity, max SSD capacity etc)?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

from what i  can see the product number has :

Intel® Core™ i5-8250U 

• Discretegraphics

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/product/hp-14-bp100-laptop-pc/16851429/model/18165059/document/c0568639...

According to the intel's website this is a 8th gen Processor

https://ark.intel.com/products/124967/Intel-Core-i5-8250U-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

so i'm guessing you should have Two customer-accessible/upgradable slots, if yo follow the info & open the screws you will get to know for sure.

For HDD as you unit has a 256 GB M.2 SSD, you can definitly upgrade to 512 GB SSD, but on the SATA HDD as your unit had a SSD, i was not able to find if there was still a port avilable to install it, I do know that there are Dual storage options in the modle that you have... but i was not able to find if the specific unit that you have can have  both.

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi 

i was able to find the manuals for your PC

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05505821

Page 2 : Memory Info

Page 3: HDD/SSD info

Hope this helps.

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

HP Recommended

Hi

I was also able to find the info on how to upgrade/ replace 

Memory module ................................................................................................................................ Page 37

Hard drive .......................................................................................................................................... Page 38

Solid-state drive (SSD) ...................................................................................................................... Page 40

Hope this helps.

-VJ

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the link.

Unfortunately, I can't deduce whether memory upgrades are possible.

Page 2 says this in the Memory section: "Two customer-accessible/upgradable OR non-accessible/non-upgradeable memory module slots" and "One non-customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slot". So which is it for my model - upgradeable or not?

The Hard drives section on page 3 doesn't say anything about non-upgradeability, so given the HDD (page 38) and SSD (page 40), I suppose I can infer it's upgradeable?

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Hi

from what i  can see the product number has :

Intel® Core™ i5-8250U 

• Discretegraphics

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/product/hp-14-bp100-laptop-pc/16851429/model/18165059/document/c0568639...

According to the intel's website this is a 8th gen Processor

https://ark.intel.com/products/124967/Intel-Core-i5-8250U-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

so i'm guessing you should have Two customer-accessible/upgradable slots, if yo follow the info & open the screws you will get to know for sure.

For HDD as you unit has a 256 GB M.2 SSD, you can definitly upgrade to 512 GB SSD, but on the SATA HDD as your unit had a SSD, i was not able to find if there was still a port avilable to install it, I do know that there are Dual storage options in the modle that you have... but i was not able to find if the specific unit that you have can have  both.

Hope this helps.

-VJ

HP Recommended

Thanks again VJ_R, you are a great help!

The thing is, I haven't bought the computer yet, so I can't open it up. And whether or not I can upgrade the memory will definitely be a consideration in my purchase. The Disc. 8th Gen column says "Two customer-accessible/upgradable OR non-accessible/non-upgradeable memory module slots" (emphasis mine), could you please explain what made you guess it is the former case (upgradeable) and not the latter?

HP Recommended

I was looking at one of the similar models offered in USA & it does have an option to upgrade, hence my guess that it may have the upgradable option, but not quite sure on the other region so i was guessing... did'nt want to lead you down the wrong path

Hope this helps.

-VJ

HP Recommended

Hi VJ_R,

Thank you for clarifying. I doubt I'll get anything better than your guess in this forum (not many Israelis here I'd wager ;]), so I'll go ahead and mark your answer as accepted.

I'll try and ask the store that sells it, maybe they'll know, in which case I'll update here.

Thanks again,

Ohad

HP Recommended

Glad to help (Sorry i could'nt get you full help :generic: )

hope you get the PC you like and enjoy it as well

Cheers!!

Hope this helps.

-VJ

HP Recommended

@satwindergill you have the wrong thread...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.