02-17-2013 10:40 PM
02-17-2013 10:49 PM
Basically you can, nothing can stop you, with a cost and I believe this cost may be more expensive than buying a new computer because you have to take into account:
- New card price, and WHERE you can buy it because laptop cards are not the same as desktop cards. You can't buy from any normal shop,
- Need new system board (may be),
- Need new cooling system because generally speaking more powerfull card pumps out more heat (you want more powerfull card don't you?).
- May need new PSU because your current PSU may not suitbale to the card. (I ordered a machine with Nvidia card and I needed to order a 90W charger at the same time, not the normal 65W charger. They simply rejected my order).
- Labor cost.
- Many, many packets of Asprin.
Hope this helps.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot