Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc593nd

So I have a Pavilion 15-cc593nd and I want to upgrade my RAM from 8GB to 16GB, does my motherboard support this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You have two slots for memory. If you have a single 8gb stick then I recommend you obtain the exact part number.  You can get it from HP store or used on eBay or Aliexpress

Use the windows command prompt to find the type of memory you have

wmic memorychip get devicelocator, capacity, speed, MemoryType, formfactor, partnumber, manufacturer

BeemerBiker_0-1701282817870.png

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thank you so much! I did this and got the partnumber now and the speed at 2133mhz. But when i look for this partnumber on amazon, it says it runs at 2400mhz. Is this gonne be a problem? 

HP Recommended

@nielslan12 wrote:

Thank you so much! I did this and got the partnumber now and the speed at 2133mhz. But when i look for this partnumber on amazon, it says it runs at 2400mhz. Is this gonne be a problem? 

You are actually running at an effective 4266 as the CPU is fetching from both memory sticks concurrently..  This is what Intel states about running in dual channel.  It also applies to AMD cpus.

Processors come in four different types: Single Channel, Dual Channel, Triple Channel, and Flex Mode. Maximum supported memory speed may be lower when populating multiple DIMMs per channel on products that support multiple memory channels.

If your BIOS supports XMP or overclocking, you could try raising the speed to 2400.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.