Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc018ca (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to upgrade the battery on this device? What is the best battery I can get?

While we are at it, what things can I add on or upgrade on this device? Can it have an SSD and HDD?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

The battery is internal so there is only one kind available. 

(20) Battery 849910-850

Your specs are already very high end:

Microprocessor
Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ with Intel® HD Graphics 530 (2.6 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
Memory, standard
16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
Video graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
Hard drive
2 TB 5400 rpm SATA

The only possible upgrade I can see is that it does have an M.2 slot so you could put in a much faster hard drive. See p. 33 of the Manual. Post back if you are interested in trying to do that. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

I read an ad by HP saying that their new HP Pavillions can run up to 9 hours http://h20386.www2.hp.com/CanadaStore/Merch/offer.aspx?p=c-bts-guide&lang=en-CA#!

But then I was looking at some of the batteries sold on the HP site that are supposedly compatible with the HP Pavillion 15 and it says it lasts only 4-5 hours with many bad reviews.

Oh and I can put an SSD in as well as the already existing 2 TB HDD?

HP Recommended

They do not sell internal batteries on  the website. The only battery life claim that has any relevance to your model is one that is made for your model. I think (personally) you might get 3.5-4 hours out of the battery. 

HP Recommended

So I can't possibly get a better battery? How would I go about putting in an SSD? Will any SSD do or just the three from the manual?

Sorry I'm not really a computer person! 😞

HP Recommended

If you are not a computer person there is really no upgrade. It requires significant disassembly and some technical experience just to replace the battery. But there are other SSDs that would work besides the three in the Manual. 

HP Recommended

Hmm well I could always bring it to my cousin who builds computers or my father. Not that I doubt your expertise, but is it really that difficult to replace a battery, couldn't I just follow the manual or YouTube it?

Is it possible for you to link me some  cheaper SSDs that would work? Is this how you would install the SSD? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpgqgCoppYE

Thanks for trying to help so far!

How-to install / Upgrade M.2 Drive on HP Pavilion 15 - Gaming Laptop, QUICK AND EASY TO FOLLOW TUTORIAL. This laptop computer is a pain in the backside to get open, but its worth it once you do. It'll speed up your machine and get it back to work, better than ever. Support ZanyGeek Consider ...
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.