Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-al111la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion 14-al111la laptop that has an NVIDIA GeForce 940MX which is pretty mediocre in my opinion, but the laptop's processor and ram is enough for me so I don't really want to change the laptop itself.

I've been wondering if I can change the graphic's card to a GTX 1050 or GTX 1060. Does it even fit? Is it compatible? And in the case that those aren't compatible, are there better options that can be compatible with my laptop that are equivalent to the graphic cards that I mentioned?

Extra info:

Processor: Intel Core i7-75000U 2.70 GHz - 3.5 GHz  (4 Cores)
RAM: 16 GB

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dagg966 

No you can't, because it is one part of the System Board, you have to buy new System Board (if available) that means you have to buy new

(a) Motherboard,

(b) CPU / Processor,

(c) dGPU if available,

(d) New Windows license (you can't reuse old license)

Because all 4 above components are on one piece of hardware called system board.

And with labor cost, total cost would be very close to buying new machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dagg966 

No you can't, because it is one part of the System Board, you have to buy new System Board (if available) that means you have to buy new

(a) Motherboard,

(b) CPU / Processor,

(c) dGPU if available,

(d) New Windows license (you can't reuse old license)

Because all 4 above components are on one piece of hardware called system board.

And with labor cost, total cost would be very close to buying new machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.