cancel
Teacher
Teacher
177 129 2 4
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I use an HP Envy power Adaptor cable on my Compaq Presario?

Compaq Presario CQ71-320SA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

(Split off from this thread.)

I have to provide evidence of a receipt for an elecrical item under guarantee but the scanned details are on my seven-years old Compaq Presario CQ71-320SA Notebook PC.  I couldn't transfer it and others as the free (and forced) upgrade from Win7 to Win 10 had screwed it up. I bought a new laptop and the transfer of documents had to take a back seat.

I'm thinking of simply copying all the docs from the Presario onto a stick and then saving to my new Envy from that.

But S*d's Law has struck - the battery on my Presario is flat - I don't want to use the power cable that came with it because of an alert warning (mentioned in the other thread).

Can I use the power cable that came with my HP ENVY NOTEBOOK 15   - AH151sa to power up the Presario?

New Envy 15-AH151sa Win10 IE11
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
39249 39064 6046 10521
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compare the two power adapters. If they have the same physical plug and volts, amps then yes.

If you are not sure look for an HP Spares part number on the two adapters and post them here.  

I doubt two adapters 7 years apart are compatible. 

Teacher
Teacher
177 129 2 4
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for a helpful reply. I've got some serious thinking to do!

New Envy 15-AH151sa Win10 IE11
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation