Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, Good day to you all. Please I just want to find out if it'll be nice to use an eGPU on my Laptop. I love games a lot and my dad gifted me this laptop. It'll be somehow to say I want to sell it to get something else. So I plan on using an eGPU setup. So I want to find out;

1. If I can use it on my system

2. Will it be something I'll be able to carry most times

These are my SpecsThese are my Specs

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DJ_NRT When it comes to upgrading your setup, detail is everything. Most eGPU docks require the host computer to have a Thunderbolt™ 3 port to connect to the external graphics dock. Thunderbolt 3 is a high-speed input/output port from Intel® that allows the eGPU to communicate with the laptop to provide accelerated graphics.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK then, So what if I just use the Mini Pcie or NGFF slot. IT should be able to still work as effectively right?

HP Recommended

@DJ_NRT HP does not support or recommend making changes to the mini PCIe or any other slot within the laptop to upgrade as it's designed to work at its optimal performance with its current form, if you wish to proceed either way, you may do so at your own discretion.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.