Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Can I upgrade a Probook 450 G9 with a 2Tb M.2 2280 SSD?
With 4 Tb drives on the way, what is the 450 G9 limit?

The manual only shows a 1 Tb option.
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi TzortzisG

Thank you for your response. I had suspected that it was just the SSD capacity that was available at the time the machine was released, rather than a physical addressing limit or the like.

I'm finding 512Gb a bit limiting so will proceed down the 2Gb path.

Regards Paul_B55

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Paul_B55.

HP manuals always mention the maximum capacity drives that are offered for models at the time of purchase (or can be retrofitted at HP qualified service centers). To find out if your model has been tested with larger drives, you need to do a little web searching. Both Crucial and Kingston offer 2TB drives for this series, and if you search for 450 g9 "2tb pcie" on Google, you will see that Amazon, Newegg, Sears, Walmart, etc, etc, offer this laptop retrofitted with 2TB PCIe drives.

Personally, I'm still running my (sibling model) 650 G9 with its factory fitted 512GB PCIe drive, but I had tested my 650 G8 with a 860 SATA 2TB drive, and it worked just fine. Generally speaking, any problems caused by capacity MIGHT occur when you upgrade to an even larger size drive (for now that would mean 4TB and 8TB).

Feel free to post back if you have more questions.....

HP Recommended

Hi TzortzisG

Thank you for your response. I had suspected that it was just the SSD capacity that was available at the time the machine was released, rather than a physical addressing limit or the like.

I'm finding 512Gb a bit limiting so will proceed down the 2Gb path.

Regards Paul_B55

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.