Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13t-ap000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So before I pull the trigger, I wanted to know if anyone else had to replace the battery within < 18 months. I have a HP Spectre x360 convertible 13t-ap000 CTO. I got it as a gift, and its been nice but now the system wont boot off the battery.

The system boots to windows 10 just fine and operates just fine with AC power.

Will not respond at all, (and will shut off immediately) if AC power is removed.

Windows 10 says system is plugged in (bottom right corner) and is at 96%, and CHARGING. (But upon AC removal, will shut off cold)

Diagnostic efforts:

DID UEFI battery check and it says its OK, BUT cannot check battery charge level.

Did windows HP diagnostic check and the system SHUTS OFF mid battery check. (Even with AC power on).

The web version seems okay but says everything is okay.

Re-seated DRAM, re-seated the battery connection (pin looks okay) discharged via power button for 1 min (for overkill) with nothing plugged in, cleared CMOS, upgraded the BIOS, searched for battery management drivers, uninstalled the Windows default battery management system (boot just fine and the OS reinstalled it upon boot up).

I'm just disappointed that I need to replace the battery so soon after warranty has been voided. (just over a year of use).  Its a $1000+ laptop, I figured the battery SHOULD last a little longer than that. Before I pull the trigger on a purchase. Does anyone else aware of this? I tried to get it covered under warranty but HP said its out just out of it. Any other solutions?

Any advice on where to buy the battery? HP store does not have part number L28764-005 available

The battery model number is SP04XL

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Bought a replacement battery.  It fixed my issue. Confirming the fact that HP batteries can die within 18 months just out of warranty...

Very disappointing for a +$1000 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Bought a replacement battery.  It fixed my issue. Confirming the fact that HP batteries can die within 18 months just out of warranty...

Very disappointing for a +$1000 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.