Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, sorry if i somehow ask something that has already been asked and i might have missed.

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab270sa (ENERGY STAR)

I want to know what is my possible RAM upgrade limit? 

currently i have 2x 4GB, 2.50ghz

If its possible to upgrade, which ones are compatible and recommended?

Thank you very much, happy holidays.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Pavilion Notebook (Intel)Star WarsTM Special Edition Notebook Maintenance and Service Guide

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

Your notebook supports a maximum of 2 x 8 GB of DDR3L-1600 memory.

These would be compatible memory modules...I chose the Amazon, Spain site because it is my understanding that if you live in Portugal, you can buy from Amazon, Spain.

8 GB:

Crucial RAM CT102464BF160B 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL11 Memoria Portátil: Micron: Amazon.es: Informática

4 GB:

Crucial RAM CT51264BF160B 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL11 Memoria Portátil: Micron: Amazon.es: Informática

If you cannot buy from Amazon, Spain, then search by the above part numbers to find the same memory in Portugal.

Happy Holidays to you too!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Pavilion Notebook (Intel)Star WarsTM Special Edition Notebook Maintenance and Service Guide

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1.

Your notebook supports a maximum of 2 x 8 GB of DDR3L-1600 memory.

These would be compatible memory modules...I chose the Amazon, Spain site because it is my understanding that if you live in Portugal, you can buy from Amazon, Spain.

8 GB:

Crucial RAM CT102464BF160B 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL11 Memoria Portátil: Micron: Amazon.es: Informática

4 GB:

Crucial RAM CT51264BF160B 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL11 Memoria Portátil: Micron: Amazon.es: Informática

If you cannot buy from Amazon, Spain, then search by the above part numbers to find the same memory in Portugal.

Happy Holidays to you too!

HP Recommended

Wow Brooo.. that was fast!!!! Thanks a million! 

I actually live in Ireland, so i'll just copy and look it up on Amazon UK (but im indeed Portuguese). 

Turns out i was checking the wrong RAM, DDR4 isn't for my laptop then! 

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since your notebook has an Intel 5th gen core processor, it uses DDR3L-1600 memory.

DDR4 memory is for some notebooks with the Intel 6th gen core processors and all notebooks with the Intel 7th gen core processors and newer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.