Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 4N188PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 11

Can i add another SSD to my laptop ? now it have 500GB SSD. Pls advice with details.

Laptop model is HP 4N188PA#ACJ

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hariprasadhari 

Looks like your machine is an HP 240 g8 machine. The series has many different storage options. What do you have now ? You are saying you already have SSD, what is it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Dear BH,

Yes, this new laptop have already 500 GB SSD,  OS is loaded in 1st partition of 250GB. And the rest is only  about 220 GB considering the recovery partition. I wish to have an additional storage space of 500 GB (SSD) in my system to incorporate the data Iam having. Pls advice what option i need to proceed with.

Thanks.

HPR

HP Recommended

@Hariprasadhari 

Sorry, you did not answer my question: What does it have now ? 500GB but what ? 2.5" SSD or M.2 SSD ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.