cancel
Shanah_Jr Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can i change the screen of my HP pavilion 15 to a touch screen and change the keyboard to a backlit?

Pavilion 15-p209ni
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I recently bought the Pavilion 15-p209ni (M6F16EA).  I am very happy with the product but i would like to make some chnages to it as well. My hope is that i will be able to change the current keyboard to a backlit version and also chnage the current non-touch screen to a touch screen. If this is at all possible, i would love to be notified and also to be told approximate prices for these changes. 

4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
41,120 39,596 6,159 10,694
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can i change the screen of my HP pavilion 15 to a touch screen and change the keyboard to a backlit?

The Model series did have a touchscreen option so theoretically you could buy the touchscreen assembly and retrofit it to your current chassis. Likely you would be looking at something like $3-400 for parts and labor. There is no backlit keyboard option. 

The economics of the touchscreen upgrade do not really make sense. You would likely come out better buying a new laptop and selling yours so at least you could retain a warranty.  

Shanah_Jr Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the help. Do you think its possible that a back-lit option would be available anytime soon?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Provost Provost
Provost
41,120 39,596 6,159 10,694
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No it never happens that they go back and add options to past models. They are designed and made and they move on to the next model. 

0 Kudos
reneramirez Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can i do the same for my Omen 17 windows 10, i bought in this January? And if yes How can i order the parts and get this done by HP?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation