Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP-15r250tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

i currently have intel hd graphics ... whch is not up to my mark! and wanna upgrade from 4 GB ddr3l sdram to 8 GB... 

so please help me with this details... and if iam eligible ... thnak u ...am new to HP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sharon_Paulson

No worries.  🙂

The current Intel graphics solution is part of the Intel Pentium CPU. (SoC system on a chip)

Your notebook is an entry level(Pentium, not Intel Core i3 - i7 series) one without discrete graphics.

If you had a unit with higher specs, perhaps even switchable graphics, then upgrading would not be so much of an issue.

As it stands now, you can upgrade the memory, but not the graphics solution.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

You can upgrade the installed memory to 16GB.

Only install memory modules in pairs, Do not add a single module unless you know for certain it is absolutely identical to the one already installed. The modules must be identical guaranteed compaible modules if you want the upgrade to work the first time. This will avoid taking the gamble of purchasing modules that match the published specifications required, but which haver not been tested on your notebook for compatibility.

If you purchased a UMA (onboard graphics only) model, then upgrading to a mini-pcie video adapter is unlikely to work.  That applies especially to notebooks with the Intel Bay Trail chipset.

Notebooks are not like DIY desktops, which can be easily upgraded because of their open architecture. Prebuilt desktop PCs are also difficult video card upgrad candidates because of the usual lack ofsecure boot and UEFI BIOS options.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Did u really check d specification of my laptop Hp-r15250tu this lap has got baytrail chipset... it has got integrated graphics just 64 mb..intel..Pentium n3540 quad core 2.16.. 4 gb ram.... now the question is can i upgrade my graphics or add another one as switchable of AMD?! PLEASE HELP THANK U ALL
HP Recommended
My bios is insydeh20 f.39 latest... there are hidden option same as advanced ... but am not unlockin as it might void my warranty... thnk u... help me ya all.. ☺😊
HP Recommended
One more thing guys i only have 1 slot for ram... thats wat its showin in specs and cpu-z app...1600 mhz sodimm config currently 4 GB
HP Recommended

Hi @Sharon_Paulson

Instead of posting seperate posts again and again without waiting for a reply, try editing the post which has no reply to add information your forgot to insert or make changes to the post. 

Be a bit more patient please. We are volunteers and actual significant others who depend on us.

I see the following in regard to your notebook:

1 slot: DDR3-1333MHz Dual Channel Support (DDR3L-1600 downgraded to DDR3-1333)(Bay Trail processors

That means you will have to purchase a single memory module that is guaranteed compaible with your notebook to upgrade to 8GB.  This is a single channel memory architecture notebook. 

Yuo can upgrade the BIOS to the latest version available.  Using a third party utility  to Unlock the BIOS will violate your warranty if it becomes a brick and you  send it in for warranty repair.

HP Recommended
Hello... thank u... and m sorry for that. As i told am new to HP... so is it possible to do anything with my graphic card? Intel hd graphics current one.
HP Recommended

@Sharon_Paulson

No worries.  🙂

The current Intel graphics solution is part of the Intel Pentium CPU. (SoC system on a chip)

Your notebook is an entry level(Pentium, not Intel Core i3 - i7 series) one without discrete graphics.

If you had a unit with higher specs, perhaps even switchable graphics, then upgrading would not be so much of an issue.

As it stands now, you can upgrade the memory, but not the graphics solution.

HP Recommended

thank u so much mahn! should have bought a lil high spec notebook.... i3 and **bleep**! anyways this is great.

wanted to play some high end **bleep**...anyways thnx for d info! ❤️ 🙂

HP Recommended
Hi, I have a hp 15 f305dx laptop and was looking to upgrade the amd A6 graphic choose to a higher one like Amd A8/A9. Could other ones from different manufacturers like nvidia work?

The specs is a 4gb ram DDR, 500gb HDD, A6-5200 and chipset.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.