Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 250 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im looking to upgrade from an Intel Core i3 to anything beter - i5 or i7...

Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Yes you can

PROCESSOR

5th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-5200U with Intel HD Graphics 5500 (2.2 GHz, up to 2.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores);
5th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-5005U with Intel HD Graphics 5500 (2 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores);
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4210U (1.7 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 2 cores)*
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-4030U (1.9GHz), 3MB L3 cache, 2 cores)
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-4010U (1.7 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 2 cores)*
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-4005U (1.7 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 2 cores)*
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i3-3217U (1.8 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 2 cores)*

Intel® Pentium® N3540 (2.16GHz, turbo up to 2.66GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 4 cores)*
Intel® Pentium® N3530 (2.16GHz, turbo up to 2.58GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 4 cores)*
Intel® Pentium® N3520 (2.17GHz, turbo up to 2.42GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 4 cores)*
Intel® Celeron® N2840 (2.16GHz, turbo up to 2.58GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 2 cores)*
Intel® Celeron® N2830 (1.83GHz, turbo up to 2.41GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 2 cores)*
Intel® Celeron® N2815 (1.86GHz, turbo up to 2.13GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, 2 cores)*

* Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.

Regards
SATISHP4

Click " Thumb's up " icon if the question is answered/resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.