Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14-bs034TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

Can my HP 14-bs034TX upgrade to M.2 SDD? Does it come with M.2 or NVMe?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Martin Chong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, you can clone by using the software which is provided with the SSD. Crucial has Acronis, Samsung provides Samsung Migration software.

You could also perform a clean install on the SSD.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Martin,

Yes the notebook has an M2 slot with support for M2 SATA3 SSD such as the M2 Samsung 860 Evo or similar of your desired capacity (no limit)

On page 51of service manual you can see the steps to install the drive. You will need to reinstall the OS on the SSD.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05485573

It will give a great boost in performance in everyday use.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply, in this case can i use below SSD for my laptop?

PNY CS2060 M.2 2280 NVMe PCle Gen 3x2 SSD

Thank you,

Best regards,

Martin Chong

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi David,

Noted and thanks, can I use clone method to clone my data from my current HDD to the SDD?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Martin Chong

HP Recommended

Yes, you can clone by using the software which is provided with the SSD. Crucial has Acronis, Samsung provides Samsung Migration software.

You could also perform a clean install on the SSD.

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

OK noted, thanks David.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.