06-26-2011 02:41 PM
i have a hp pavilion dv6 3032sa with an am3 motherboard which currently has 4gb of 1333mhz ram fitted, im going to upgrade to 8gb but i thought i might aswell also upgrade to 1600mhz speeds aswell, will the motherboard support this?
06-26-2011 06:34 PM
DDR3 PC3-12800 should be backward compatible to DDR3PC3-10600.
However your rnotherboard can only handle the speeds up to 1333 MHz (PC3-10600).
So if the PC3-12800 is the same price or less than the PC3-10600, you may as well get it.
But if it is more expensive, you may want to consider staying with the PC3-10600 because that is the fastest memory your computer will run it at.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot