Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs2034TU 6YZ06PA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can i uprade my laptop HP Pavilion 15-cs2034TU 6YZ06PA with the Intel Optane 16gb?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @BrEckkY,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Yes, it does seem like the HP Pavilion 15-cs2034tu has support for Intel Optane. The module should go here as shown below:

(You may want to verify beforehand if the M.2 slot actually exists)

EddyK_0-1610226870885.png

You will need a Philips M2.0 * 3.0 screw to install it into the M.2 connector. You can probably find one at a hardware store.

Before you install Intel Optane, update to the latest BIOS from your computer's Software and Driver's page. Once the module is installed, install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver from your computer's Software and Driver's page. Check if you need the older driver or the 1903 driver by checking the version of Windows 10 you have by typing into Windows Search winver. Then restart the laptop once Intel Rapid Storage Technology is installed. 

Finally, install Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management from the Windows Store on your device. You will need to select the PCIe drive and enable it as Intel Optane. 

Just my two cents, I checked the prices for Intel Optane and they seem more or less similar to the prices of conventional M.2 drives, ultimately defeating the whole purpose of using them to accelerate the existing hard drive. I would personally just buy an M.2 SSD and set that as the boot drive. From experience, I have found speeds on purely SSD laptops to be marginally better than those of cheap drives + Intel Optane modules.

Kind regards,

Edward

Please Accept as Solution if this answered your question.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thank you! ❤️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.