Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 -15z-ds000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP ENVY x360 -15z-ds000 CTO with a product number of 5NX74AV0 and when I was purchasing it, the webpage (newegg) it was purchased from had options for an HDD that I did not take. However, I do not see anything in the service manual that HP's website provides about adding a second internal drive of any variety.

Can I install a secondary internal drive? If so, what type?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BLI1404 

It is a CTO machine therefore we can't find its REAL specs and 5NX74AV0 does not help at all

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=5NX74AV0

The information I've got: it supports dual storage option with M.2 SSD and 2.5" HDD. What does it have now ? Are you saying it already has M.2 SSD and you wish to add 2.5" HDD ? Yes you can.

Looks like you don't need HDD cable but you need Hard drive bracket part # L20455-001 to keep HDD secure on its slot.

Any standard HDD with thickness 7.2 mm/9.5 mm will fit.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BLI1404 

It is a CTO machine therefore we can't find its REAL specs and 5NX74AV0 does not help at all

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=5NX74AV0

The information I've got: it supports dual storage option with M.2 SSD and 2.5" HDD. What does it have now ? Are you saying it already has M.2 SSD and you wish to add 2.5" HDD ? Yes you can.

Looks like you don't need HDD cable but you need Hard drive bracket part # L20455-001 to keep HDD secure on its slot.

Any standard HDD with thickness 7.2 mm/9.5 mm will fit.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have an M.2 SSD installed already. The manual on the website was confusing and didn't help much at all, and I guess the CTO bit is why, unfortunately. Thank you so much for the help! 

HP Recommended

@BLI1404 

CTO is Configure To Order or Customize To Order that means a CTO machine MAY not have same specs with general pre-built machine.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.