Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BLI1404
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Can my model support a secondary internal drive?

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 -15z-ds000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP ENVY x360 -15z-ds000 CTO with a product number of 5NX74AV0 and when I was purchasing it, the webpage (newegg) it was purchased from had options for an HDD that I did not take. However, I do not see anything in the service manual that HP's website provides about adding a second internal drive of any variety.

Can I install a secondary internal drive? If so, what type?

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,328 90,205 11,597 24,874
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BLI1404 

It is a CTO machine therefore we can't find its REAL specs and 5NX74AV0 does not help at all

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=5NX74AV0

The information I've got: it supports dual storage option with M.2 SSD and 2.5" HDD. What does it have now ? Are you saying it already has M.2 SSD and you wish to add 2.5" HDD ? Yes you can.

Looks like you don't need HDD cable but you need Hard drive bracket part # L20455-001 to keep HDD secure on its slot.

Any standard HDD with thickness 7.2 mm/9.5 mm will fit.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

BLI1404
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I have an M.2 SSD installed already. The manual on the website was confusing and didn't help much at all, and I guess the CTO bit is why, unfortunately. Thank you so much for the help! 

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,328 90,205 11,597 24,874
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BLI1404 

CTO is Configure To Order or Customize To Order that means a CTO machine MAY not have same specs with general pre-built machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation