cancel
mwallen35 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can find my EXACT model/product/whatever number?

HP HDX-18
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I want to find out if I can upgrade my memory. I need to know my model number. the bios and everywhere else I can find it only has HP HDX-18. That's it. The whole shebang. The Product Number is FF231AV. But ONLY if your looking inside the bios or system information.  The label says it's FF286AV.  Everywhere I go to try and find information about this computer asks for a model number like HP HDX 18 "1001EO" or something in that format.  HP has been shining me on for about 10 years now, I gave up long ago.  Is there anyone on this planet that can tell me what model number I have?

Please don't waste my time or yours with the usual "look on the label or look in the bios" methods.  It's not there.

Thank you all for reading this mess.

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
102,643 96,720 14,983 23,082
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can find my EXACT model/product/whatever number?

Hi:

Your notebook is a HP HDX X18T-1000 CTO PREMIUM NOTEBOOK

Both product numbers you posted indicate that.

Below is the support and driver page for that model...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-HDX-X18-1000-Premium-Notebook-PC-series/3769212/model/3769213

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation