cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
7 6 0 6
Message 11 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I didn't know that you are end users here, I hoped that someone from the engineering department maybe was reading our conversation.

Sorry for my demanting, didn't have a clue that support is only from users...

It's a shame that this great laptop (spectre 13 i7) doesn't let me to use it as it was supposed to be due to hp bios restrictions.

The odd part is that I get BIOS updates without knowing the changes in the bios...

So maybe we'll get eventually a BIOS update with thunderbolt enabled charging (there are some beautiful tiny but powerfull chargers out there) or an option for thunderbolt external graphic card. And even if we get it we won't know it cause there isn't any log with the changes anywhere...

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree with your post 100%. These laptops are not cheap and are hopefully an investment for about 5 years or so. That being said, it should be in a company's best interest to make the most out their products... I hope HP reads these forums. I was considering the new HP spectre x360 with kaby lake with the hopes of having a 2 in 1 with an external gpu and great battery life. The only one I might consider is the ASUS transformer 3 pro. Which is a 2 in 1 with thunderbolt 3 and external GPU support. But the older processor, battery life (4-5 hrs based on reviews) and over excessive fan noise could be a deal breaker.

Please HP support this feature and you can glady take my money :generic:

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
14 14 0 6
Message 13 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What a terrible let down this is.  Not even charging works over a standard TB3 cable?  Why HP?  I have a Spectre 13 with TB3 sitting in my cart on HP.com right now and I was ready to pull the trigger on it until I saw this.  The point in buying a system that supports a STANDARD like Thunderbolt 3 is that you should expect to be able to plug products that support that standard into it and have them work.  What if HP just randomly decided to not support any Logitech products that you plugged into a USB 2 port?  That's the same thing here.  

Crippling ports on an otherwise amazing product just to achieve vendor lock-in for accessories, etc. is a really shady business practice.  I hope more people see this issue and end up with Macbooks, Dells, and Razer products as a result.  This system was everything I had been looking for until I found out HP ruined it with BIOS restrictions.

Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 14 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's why I didn't but the x360 as well.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 15 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

looks like i will be returning my brand new Spectre 360 then. shame. otherwise it's perfect

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 16 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was about to maybe buy that new 2-1 late 2016 model, but when I saw using external graphic is impossible, I finally try to find another model.

What's the goal putting thunderbolt3 port on a device and block features with firmware behind ?

You know what to do for late 2017 model and improve sells.

Cya

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 17 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended
guys,

I've seen a post on Reddit/eGPU seemingly confirming that eGPUs work with the spectre x360, just plug and play
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 18 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have seen the exact contrary from a youtube video that test every eGPU solutions (razer, intel, alienware, ...) and explain most of netbooks works but disconnect very often and explain it can be a matter of new drivers that may come out from constructors, but for the spectre, it says it clearly do not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOFZGCwoRmo after 6.00mn

Do you have the reddit link that explain that ?

Dave2D review of the Razer Core - Thunderbolt 3 External GPU. Covering gaming performance and thermals using a GTX 1080Laptop Skins: http://www.dbrand.com/r...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 19 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Dave didn't try the x360. He also didn't try very hard with the laptops he had. He's honestly not a very thorough reviewer. The XPS 13 and 15 both work great now.

https://m.reddit.com/r/eGPU/comments/587xju/my_experience_with_the_razer_core_spectre_x360/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
7 6 0 6
Message 20 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has anyone tried dell power companion with spectre 13?

Theoratically it should be allowed to charge it but I want to confirm it.

Any other powerbank available to charge spectre 13?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation