Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Can't find battery replacement in the hp store

HP Envy dv6-7226nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy dv6-7226nr. The battery has not been working. If I unplug the charger, my laptop immediately powers off. I ran the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows. It said that the battery needs to be replaced and gave this code:

QC072M-69Q8TD-QFPKOK-C0BL03

It also said that the product ID is C2L47UA#ABA, but that seems to be for the laptop, not the battery. 

The battery is a MO06 Notebook Battery, 10.8V, 4120mAh. It says:

Replace with HP spare                699468-001

CT: 6CZMB01SA3O2B         Mfg date 2012/11

I have been trying to find a replacement through HP for several days. I have used every path I can think of and each time it says that no such battery exists.

Will someone please direct me to a new battery for my laptop?

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
35606 5301 9117
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Can't find battery replacement in the hp store

Where do you live (country)? HP only stocks batteries for a limited time after the laptop goes out of production. After a year or so you have to buy batteries in the third party market but there are many sellers offering batteries we just need to get you to the right one.

If you are in the USA, this would be a place to buy (amazon prime):

https://www.amazon.com/671567-421-671731-001-HSTNN-LB3N-DV4-5220US-DV6-7010US/dp/B00JIYRWEG/ref=sr_1...

That is a compatible 3rd party battery that is OK for an older laptop. 

I am having trouble finding a new genuine battery for it. Used genuine and new compatible is all that is available. 

Post back with any questions or please Accept as Solution if this is the answer you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation