Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have the HP 8570p and would like to know if it will accommodate an M.2 PCie SSD card.  Also if it does, are there any indexed plan forms where I can see exactly where the port is as I would have to get to it myself.  It currently has 16GB memeory and the i7 3720 processor.

I have disassembled the fan and heat sink before but I'm not sure I would want to attempt to go as far as getting to something that required me to remove the keyboard, hinges etc.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No there is no 3rd generation Intel Core machine that can accept an M.2 PCIe mSSD disk. If you open the access panel you will probably see an open mini-PCIe slot which is designed for a WWAN (celular modem) card and it might accept one of the older type mSSD drives. But that is a far cry from an M.2 mSSD PCIe. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

No there is no 3rd generation Intel Core machine that can accept an M.2 PCIe mSSD disk. If you open the access panel you will probably see an open mini-PCIe slot which is designed for a WWAN (celular modem) card and it might accept one of the older type mSSD drives. But that is a far cry from an M.2 mSSD PCIe. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

I am also interested in putting in an M.2 PCIe SSD into my 8570p, and I found one that HP sells and is listed as being compatible with the 8570p, but am trying to figure out if its a misprint, because of what you said, or if it does support m.2 PCIe SSD?

http://www8.hp.com/il/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=7633917

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.