Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
17-ae0006ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community, I would like to charge my laptop via a USB-C docking station simultaneously. I have connected a USB-C power supply unit to the docking station - unfortunately the laptop is not charging. Even if I connect the power supply (110 Watt) directly to the USB-C interface of the laptop, there is no charging. Is this theoretically possible, or what do I have to change so that the laptop can charge over it? Thanks in advance for your information. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What model notebook do you have?

Do you already have a USB-C dock or are you thinking of buying one?

HP Recommended

Hello James_SCH

i have the HP Envy 17-ae006ng and I have already bought and tested a USB-C docking station Unfortunately the charging function does not work here despite a separate USB-C power supply with 110 watts.

HP Recommended

Hi,

A google search for the  17-ae006ng power supply shows me pictures of a barrel type connector - not a USB-C connector.

In addition the specs for your notebook mention nothing about USB power delivery capability:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05562123

So it looks like your notebook cannot be charged via USB-C.

James

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.