Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6

Hello, I have a question whether it is possible to insert 4 GB RAM from Kingston SODIMM 4096MB into this laptop?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model processor does it have?

Core, Pentium or Celeron?

HP Recommended

Processor--Intel Core i3-6006u (2.00GHz)

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can install 2 x 8 GB of memory in your notebook for a total of 16 GB.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory upgrade info in chapter 1.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05485525

HP Recommended

Is it possible to install an i5 processor but leave the same video card? 

HP Recommended

Hi:

The only way to upgrade the processor and/or graphics would be to replace the motherboard with one listed in the service manual that may come with a better processor.

If you could find the part, it would be almost as expensive as buying a refurbished 250 G6 with the processor already included.

HP Recommended

The last question is what memory frequency is needed - MHz. And the memory type is DDR3 OR DDR4.

P. S. Thank you very much for answering so quickly.❤️

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

According to chapter 1 of the service manual, your notebook uses DDR4 memory.

If you can't find DDR4-2133 memory, DDR4-2400 memory will also work just fine, and will automatically bridge to 2133 MHz, which is the fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at.

HP Recommended

Exactly the last question is this Goodram SODIMM DDR4-2400 8192MB PC4-19200 RAM or this Kingston SODIMM DDR4-2400 4096MB PC4-19200 RAM. On the HP 250 G6 INTEL CORE I3 6006U.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I would go with the Kingston.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.