Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. I can't find a way to boot from my SSD where I have my win7 installed. I upgraded BIOS and tried tweaking boot order, changing from EFI to Legacy, but that didn't help. Tried SSD on other PC, there it works without problem. I want to keep my HDD (and I cannot remove it if I wanted to because screw is stuck) so that is the last option I would consider. I can put stuff on SSD, just cannot seem to boot from it. What can I do to try to solve this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Are you mounting your SSD externally? via eSATA or USB?

On older BIOS, try hitting ESC key during startup and select boot device. Older BIOS may not allow permanent external boot device selection. You have to hit ESC everytime.

For reference, your manual.

** I don't work for HP ** Click Blue Thumbs Up icon below if you like my answer
HP Recommended

I have put my SSD instead of DVD drive. In bios I selected boot from upgrade bay, but it doesn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.