Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
8CG8080PRZ 1DK01AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello and thank you in advance for your help.  Can someone tell me how I can order a replacement motherboard for my HP PC when HP says it cant be ordered by HP Parts store?  This computer was purchased in 2018, so I find it very hard to believe there isn't a motherboard available for it.  I did find a "refurbished" one in China, but I would prefer to have a new one since my credit card company is covering the cost under their extended warranty benefits.  

The motherboard number is 926188-001

Thank you again

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@swilson3828 wrote:

.. so I find it very hard to believe there isn't a motherboard available for it.

@swilson3828 

Well. The real life is stores won't stock part which is no one going to buy it.

Hope this makes sense.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I do totally understand what you're saying but I would think an HP parts store would stock all HP parts.  I mean where would they get the parts to cover a failed motherboard under warranty?  I   could understand if this was an older computer, but this computer is only 1 1/2 years old. It was purchased with Windows 10 installed.

Thank you for your reply

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.