Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-01-2021 12:04 PM
My laptop's battery has run out completely, because I forgot to plug in. After I plugged, indicator glowed red, and then it changed to white. When I try to turn laptop on, it starts to turning on, but then turns off in few second. It doesn't even turn on screen, only indicators glow. I guess it is because of low battery, but it has been charging for more than 4 hours, I think it would be enough to turn laptop on. The laptop is new, I bought it only 2 months ago. What could be the problem? What should I do?
10-02-2021 01:23 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I understand that your HP notebook is not working correctly, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
10-07-2021 03:01 PM
Hello, dear support. Thanks for responding! My laptop could turn on only when it charged fully. I didn't make any changes in settings. Earlier it could turn on when it charged some energy for start, but this time it could turn on only when it charged fully. Do you think it is hardware or software problem? Should I take my laptop to service?