Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Cannot updatte to recommmended BIOS

WOH85PA#ABG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

The HP Support Assistant repeatedly tells me that a BIOS update is due.

Have repeatedly attempted to run the update utility and get no error messages - however, the update never happens.

I've tried disabling the Antivirus software , running in Safe Mode, DOS boot USB stick and numerous suggestions from  the Forum, without success,

Curiously, the Assistant recommends SP101098  (F:50) but the download page (for my machine) recommends SP96831(F:49). I've tried both with the same result.My current version is F:26.

Support Assistant keeps telling me that I should update!

Any  help would be greatly appreciated.

Nerdling

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
904 897 86 216
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Nerdling 

Hello,

This package provides a BIOS system update under the HP SoftPaq sp101098 is not designed/compatible for your computer.
It is compatible/designed with the following HP notebooks: HP 250 G4 Notebook PC, HP 256 G4 Notebook PC. Moreover, the version is not F.50 but F.30. So I recommend you to ignore this BIOS update.

For the second package it is available on the page of your computer below.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-ac600-notebook-pc-series/9329955/mo...

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Expert support community HP France.
0 Kudos
Nerdling
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
904 897 86 216
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Nerdling 

Thanks for your return,

If my previous answer was favorable to you, thank you to close the subject by clicking on 'Accept as a solution' at the bottom of the previous message.

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Do not hesitate to contact us in cas of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Expert support community HP France.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation