Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
WOH85PA#ABG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

The HP Support Assistant repeatedly tells me that a BIOS update is due.

Have repeatedly attempted to run the update utility and get no error messages - however, the update never happens.

I've tried disabling the Antivirus software , running in Safe Mode, DOS boot USB stick and numerous suggestions from  the Forum, without success,

Curiously, the Assistant recommends SP101098  (F:50) but the download page (for my machine) recommends SP96831(F:49). I've tried both with the same result.My current version is F:26.

Support Assistant keeps telling me that I should update!

Any  help would be greatly appreciated.

Nerdling

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nerdling 

Hello,

This package provides a BIOS system update under the HP SoftPaq sp101098 is not designed/compatible for your computer.
It is compatible/designed with the following HP notebooks: HP 250 G4 Notebook PC, HP 256 G4 Notebook PC. Moreover, the version is not F.50 but F.30. So I recommend you to ignore this BIOS update.

For the second package it is available on the page of your computer below.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-ac600-notebook-pc-series/9329955/mo...

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nerdling 

Hello,

This package provides a BIOS system update under the HP SoftPaq sp101098 is not designed/compatible for your computer.
It is compatible/designed with the following HP notebooks: HP 250 G4 Notebook PC, HP 256 G4 Notebook PC. Moreover, the version is not F.50 but F.30. So I recommend you to ignore this BIOS update.

For the second package it is available on the page of your computer below.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-ac600-notebook-pc-series/9329955/mo...

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@Nerdling 

Thanks for your return,

If my previous answer was favorable to you, thank you to close the subject by clicking on 'Accept as a solution' at the bottom of the previous message.

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Do not hesitate to contact us in cas of need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.