Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

39329.jpg

Hi I was under the impression that i could customise the keyboard backlit light colors and the X and logo colors on the outer of the laptop but to my surprise i couldnt find the lighting options in the hp command center. i updated the command center, yet no sign of anything related to lighting options. please help, all i can do now is turn on and off RED color only. also the X symbol and the logo on the outer doesnt even emit red lights.
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MomoFrogino

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you can't find lighting configuration in the command center on your OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I suggest you to update the OMEN Command Center: (Source: http://bit.ly/2EketUz)

When OMEN Command Center launches, the updater runs in the background. You are prompted to update anytime there is an important update available. This is reserved for updates that are critical to the operation of the OMEN Command Center. Less crucial, or recommended updates are listed in the update screen.

Figure : Important update available

Important update available

Update screen:

The update screen lists recommended updates. These updates deliver new features and help HP continuously improve.

Click the update button to view available updates to OMEN Command Center.

Figure : Update button

Update button

If the issue persists then you may uninstall the OMEN Command Center from your laptop: http://bit.ly/2EeCImR

You may download and install the OMEN Command Center by downloading it from the HP website: www.hp.com/drivers

I sincerely hope this information helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

@diogotaveira,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you need assistance with Omen command center lighting settings. 

I have found a wonderful document which will help you find the answer - HP OMEN Command Center

In this support document, please click on OMEN software compatible models, Here you will find the list of PC's with the supported features.

On your computer it only support Omen command center and not the lighting feature.

I hope this answers your question, Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.