Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Untitled2.pngHow do i make my pc use 1 graphic card only? I really think this combination of 2 cards is making performance worse.

While playing Dying Light As you see(picture2) my gpu usage is 100% while cpu is round 55%. I have no near good cpu fot that game but i do have graphic card. Still gpu bottlenecking.

Is there any way i can use my radeon HD8500m Only?

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Alienson,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums,

I see you are looking to disable or control the usage of the graphics card installed on your computer. I will be glad to help.

Would it be possible for you to share the product number/model of your computer? (Do not share the serial number)

Based on the screenshot shared, I believe you are using Windows 7, is that correct?

Recommend you to install the driver for the graphics card from Radeon website, click here.

Run and update all the drivers for your computer using HP Support Assistant. Click here. 

If there are multiple graphics cards installed, you need to understand the switchable graphics. The below articles will help you use or customize switchable graphics.

HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs

HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Switchable Graphics or Dual GPUs

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Heres the 2nd picture

Untitled2.png

HP Recommended

Hi @Alienson,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums,

I see you are looking to disable or control the usage of the graphics card installed on your computer. I will be glad to help.

Would it be possible for you to share the product number/model of your computer? (Do not share the serial number)

Based on the screenshot shared, I believe you are using Windows 7, is that correct?

Recommend you to install the driver for the graphics card from Radeon website, click here.

Run and update all the drivers for your computer using HP Support Assistant. Click here. 

If there are multiple graphics cards installed, you need to understand the switchable graphics. The below articles will help you use or customize switchable graphics.

HP Notebook PCs - Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs

HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Switchable Graphics or Dual GPUs

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

> Is there any way i can use my radeon HD8500m Only?

Yes.

When you have more than one monitor, you can either:

* duplicate the image from the primary monitor on the second monitor,

* "extend" the Windows desktop to link the multiple monitors to become one "extra-wide" monitor.

Windows also lets you designate any monitor as the "first" monitor.

If you designate your "better" video-card as being the "first" monitor,

then your computer-game should display only on that "first" monitor.

HP Recommended

Oh... sorry abot me being unprecise. Before i posted this it asked me of my OS, Laptop model,.... so i thought you wouldnt need that.

Yes im using windows 7 64-bit Model:15-g012sm.

Sorry if i took you time, but im just stupid. Gpu-4 is the integrated card actually, and its load is 0%.(you can see it in picture up)

I did read the articles and allready done all of this, its just im blind....

But i still cant figure out one thing and i know i shouldnt be asking you about this but can you tell my how can my cpu usage be that low on the game that requires that much resources (3.5GHz)- My cpu 2GHz, and why is my Gpu Struggling that much, when game requires gpu with 1Gb Vram DDR5 (at 900Mhz core clock)  when i Have 2 Gbs DD3 (at 850Mhz core clock) Does that 50Mhz matter that much?

HP Recommended

@mdklassen wrote:

> Is there any way i can use my radeon HD8500m Only?

Yes.

When you have more than one monitor, you can either:

* duplicate the image from the primary monitor on the second monitor,

* "extend" the Windows desktop to link the multiple monitors to become one "extra-wide" monitor.

Windows also lets you designate any monitor as the "first" monitor.

If you designate your "better" video-card as being the "first" monitor,

then your computer-game should display only on that "first" monitor.

Thanks

HP Recommended

> how can my cpu usage be that low on the game that requires that much resources (3.5GHz)- My cpu 2GHz, 

According to: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04372372

you have: AMD Quad-Core A8-6410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics (2 GHz, 2 MB cache)

So, if one of the 4 cores is running at 100%, and the other 3 cores are each running at 0%, then your processor is running at 25% of its total capacity, as you have observed.

It's too bad that the computer-game is only using 1 of the 4 available cores.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.