12-06-2018 02:00 PM
My caps lock key flashes and my keyboard freezes. I have to force the computer to shut down and then restart. This happens often and is very annoying
12-07-2018 12:05 PM
Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community.
I reviewed the case regarding issues with the notebook. I'll be delighted to assist you here.
Please let me know the product number of the notebook to assist you further with relevant steps.
Keep me posted. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
12-11-2018 04:27 AM
I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.
Are you able to boot into BIOS?
How many times does the light on caps lock blink?
Try the steps recommended below.
To perform a power reset on a laptop with a removable battery, use the following steps:
1.Turn off the computer.
2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
4.Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
5.Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
6.With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
7.Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
8.Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
9.If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
10.After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.
If you are able to boot into BIOS, try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.
1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Also, try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are working fine.
Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.
Hope this helps!
Take Care! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee