Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN AX202NG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI,

I am thinking of buying HP Care Pack 3 years for my HP Omen. Current Care Pack is valid until Sep 2019. My question is does the 3 years start from date of Laptop purchase of after expiry of current care pack

Regards

Nik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nikschumi wrote:
So when should I purchase extended warranty care pack. After expiry of current one or not at all?

Regards
Nik

Hi,

I would highly suggest to get an extended carepack after the current carepack is expired. HP Reps doesnt have the option to extend if theres an active carepack agreement.

Regards,

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Nikschumi wrote:

HI,

I am thinking of buying HP Care Pack 3 years for my HP Omen. Current Care Pack is valid until Sep 2019. My question is does the 3 years start from date of Laptop purchase of after expiry of current care pack

Regards

Nik

Hi,

Carepack warranty will start from the day the computer was purchased..

Regards,

ichi

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended
So when should I purchase extended warranty care pack. After expiry of current one or not at all?

Regards
Nik
HP Recommended

@Nikschumi wrote:

Regards
Nik

Hi,

I would highly suggest to get an extended carepack after the current carepack is expired. HP Reps doesnt have the option to extend if theres an active carepack agreement.

Regards,

ichi

HP Recommended

I like your reply, but the 1y Post Warranty Plan says the following: 

• Coverage begins day after warranty expires if purchased during standard warranty
  • If purchased after standard warranty, plan begins on purchase date

Then, should the extended warranty begins on purchase date?  If so, what is the point of buying that warranty plan?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.