Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-g009AX'
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hai hello all I have 'HP 15-g009AX' can I install dual hard drive on this pc by removing dvd driver currently I am having 1tb hdd and I want to install ssd ? If this is possible pls tell me which ssd is suitable ? Thank u

Can I use that removed hdd on caddy for more storage option ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PCHP 15 Notebook PCCompaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook PCCompaq 15 Notebook PC M...

You can replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" SSD, and yes you can install the mechanical hard drive in an optical drive caddy.

According to chapter 1 of the manual the DVD drive  is 9.5mm thick, so that is the size caddy you would need to buy,

I recommend this model SSD, which provides the best performance for the price.

Amazon.in: Buy Western Digital WD Blue 500 GB 2.5 inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (WDS500G2...

This would be the budget model I recommend, if you don't want to spend 5,000 Rs on a SSD.

Amazon.in: Buy Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch (6.3 cm) SSD (CT480BX500SSD1) Online at Low...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.