Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LJ427AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well 🙂

So Im having a problem with my Adapter of my Elitebook 8460p laptop , not working anymore; so I want to replace it, and now Im confused with wich one I need to buy, and by the way, it's not the first time that Im having an adapter problem 🤔.

So the last time when I bought a used AC adapter, I always based on my latest one wich is a : 

65W 

Input : 100-240V~ 1.7A 50-60Hz

Output : 18.5V 3.5A

And it was an HP adapter so I wasn't scared to buy it and plug it 😊

So Im confused now, because I found a lot of used adapters but the difference is in the Watts, a 90W .

So my question now is, can my laptop support this 90W adapter(wich is  used  HP Laptop Adapter) or can I buy a new universal 65W adapter on Amazon/ebay , I really need one because it's my unique laptop that I have so I use it for my studies too .

thank you in advance for any reply 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.