Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my laptop for 5 years now and it's getting a bit slow. I have a i3 processor right now, is it possible to change it to an i5 or i7?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Processor is soldered. See pages 28 of the Service Manual. There are so many motherboard options because the motherboard includes the processor i.e. its soldered on

Your Manual

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Need the specific model. Even 5 years ago many laptops had the processor soldered to the motherboard making upgrade impossible without also replacing the whole motherboard. 

If you do not already have it, a solid state drive may be a better easier upgrade. 

HP Recommended

[serial number removed], is this what you need?

HP Recommended

NO. See the moderators removed it because the serial number is private to you. Need model or product number. 

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC J6Y25EA#ABU

HP Recommended

Processor is soldered. See pages 28 of the Service Manual. There are so many motherboard options because the motherboard includes the processor i.e. its soldered on

Your Manual

HP Recommended

Thank you for all your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.