Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc0005ng

Dear community,

recently my beloved HP Omen suffered from a short circuit in the apartment. After this the computer would first not start and I needed to charge it for a couple of minutes as the battery was completely empty after the event.

At first glance i was happy as it seemed to be operating as usual, but I noticed the following problems while playing games that the laptop could handle easily before:

• Examples of games that used to function properly on highest settings: Arma 3, Path of Exile
  • Now: I get a crash of fps every 10-15 seconds which shows itself in a form of "stuttering" that lasts for a couple of seconds. This happens continuously. Unfortunately, this makes playing the games unenjoyable
  • After 5 Minutes of ARMA3 the GPU was at 90°C. I have never payed attention to this before meaning I have no comparison between before and after, but it struck me to be quite high. 

What I did: I replaced the charging cable (but not the entire charging unit aka the big black box) as a multimeter showed that it only had a power outlet of 180V instead of 250V. I do not have any warranty left on my device and I hesitate to buy a whole new charger as it comes off as a bit pricy (example: https://www.amazon.com/200W-Laptop-Charger-Omen-L00818-850/dp/B09HKBYBFL).

Now, here finally comes my question: 

• What is your assumption regarding the malfunction?
  • Would you guess that it is the charger or something within the hardware (finger's crossed: I hope it's not)?

I am very happy and thankful for your answers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.