Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP Envy x360. Do I have to keep it plugged in or plugged off when its 100% changed?

I charge it to 100% and then I unplug the charcher up to 10-20%, then I plug it again.

I do not know what is best, to keep it always plugged in or only when it needs to be charged?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Apodemus 

It will not hurt to leave it plugged in whenever you can -- as the battery will not overcharge and you don't run the risk of the battery dying because you left the laptop unplugged and forgot about it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Apodemus 

It will not hurt to leave it plugged in whenever you can -- as the battery will not overcharge and you don't run the risk of the battery dying because you left the laptop unplugged and forgot about it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you.

I will keep it plugged in everytime I work om it, same as a desktop one.

All the best,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.